- Driving down Highway 64 and spotting a hot air balloon overhead. (Don’t worry, I safely found a parking lot to pull in to take this photo.)
- Seeing a house decorated in huge hot pink & red hearts. I love it!
- Hearing kids laughing loudly while running through the trees beside a creek.
- Birds singing.
- Sunshine on my face.
- Super-duper friendly baristas.
- Motivation to live better & be better. Whether it comes from friends, books or a PTO challenge.
- Our dog playing soccer with us. It was actually more like keep-away!
- Watching the trees form buds & blooms.
- Spending time with friends who will love you regardless of whatever inane things fly out of your mouth.
It has been far too a time since our last correspondence. A malady of little peril has finally lifted our household. I speak of this only to offer a reckoning so you do not hold me in contempt or believe that I do not care. For I do. I find myself writing today in the mere hopes you will find forgiveness in your heart. For it was but yesterday we were taking a stroll to the north through the gardens and we came upon the most impressive of wild cherry. And I felt I certainly must write. It was neither impressive in height nor stature but in the amount of sweet honeybees that graced its delicate blossoms. What a joyous sight. We could have stared in wonder for half a day and I dare say it would have felt no time at all. Only to be disrupted by a single mallard flying past low against the water. So we carried on. I wish you well and that this finds you in good spirits, with lightness of heart and fierce determination like those adored honeybees.